Tuesday, October 1, 2013

October Challenge


Ok, fellow bloggers. I have set myself a challenge to ride my bicycle at least 1000km (620mi) during the month of October. No, I am not up to the challenge of Ocsober.....

Why would I want to do this I hear you ask? Well, it is actually for a good cause. The Great Cycle Challenge is raising money for children's cancer research. Being blessed with two healthy kids of my own, I thought that was a good enough reason to try to help others not enjoying such good fortune.



So, I am going to have to pedal at least 33km(21mi) each and every day from today to make my goal. I am not off to a good start though, going to work in about 30 minutes for the next 2 days.....but therein lies the challenge. To punch out 1000km despite life getting in the way.

My request is that you think about making a small donation to this worthy cause....and giving me some inspiration during my self imposed sufferfest. You don't have to sponsor me (but it would be nice), but if you can spare any amount it is tax deductable for Aussie donors and feel-good for you international readers.

My page can be found here https://greatcyclechallenge.com.au/Riders/DaveHoswell and you can also see how many kilometres (metric miles) others are riding as well and how much is being raised for these kids who are doing it pretty tough.



Cheers and thanks for reading.



6 comments:

  1. For those of us lazy bones 1000km seems undoable - for you it should be easy peasy.

    When I am not at work I'll check out he page and see how easy it is for international donators.

    Enjoy the ride!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Wow!! Thank you very much Brandy. That is very generous of you!

      "She who wishes to secure the good of others, has already secured her own.” Confucius.

      Now....I just have to ride that 1000km........ :-O

      Delete
    2. You are welcome. It is for a good cause and I thought you needed to know your friends across the pond support you.

      Delete
    3. Well, it is very heartening to see that there hasn't been a total shutdown in the good 'ol US of A. Thanks and in return I have just put another 60km(38mi) of hurt on myself in 30C(86F) heat!

      Delete
  3. Kev, thank you very much for your donation. I appreciate it very much. Not sure that the 1000km is a "given" though!
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Spam filtering is in place and your comment will be posted shortly.