Thursday, January 17, 2013

Assisted Motivation


Around this time of year most serious cyclists set their goals for the year. They sit down and plan which races or rides they intend on doing throughout the year, then plan out their training schedule to help achieve the best results they can.

For slightly less serious kegs-on-legs like myself, I usually do the same. Not because I have a burning competitive urge that needs quenching, but because if I don't have these goals I won't have the motivation to ride my bike. As a result I will become a fat bastard with even less motivation to ride a bicycle! Vicious circle that one!

No, I am not going to bore you with a long list of races that I plan on being an all-so-ran in (yet). The truth is  I simply haven't had time to scratch myself lately let alone try to find out what races are actually on and when. There is no central place that lists all of the MTB races in Queensland or anywhere else in the country for that matter, so it is very hit and miss trying to find these races in the first place. Some free time (with interweb access) is needed and hopefully some progress can be made over the weekend.

This one looks like a good place to start though......





Cheers.

4 comments:

  1. That capital punishment ride looks interesting. Can you go wrong with the word Enduro in it?

    With our weather barely creeping above freezing the last few weeks our exercise level has dropped. Come on spring......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can go horribly wrong! But then, that is half the fun of it.
      With our summer cranking up the heat you have to be up at 4:30am to get any exercise done. Come on winter.....:)

      Delete
  2. lol you fat bastard enjoyed your blog anyhow good on ya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long time Jimmy. How are things? Glad you liked it.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Spam filtering is in place and your comment will be posted shortly.