Thursday, March 28, 2013

Why ?


This is the question I get asked quite regularly. Why do I ride mountain bikes? Why do I go bike packing? Why put yourself through that pain and discomfort?



Well, in the time honoured interweb tradition of ripping off someone else's idea, over at Grizzly Adam.net, he makes a fairly good fist of explaining the WHY of why we do it.

Well, one that resonates like a tweaked spoke with me anyway. Enjoy.


Tomorrow is Good Friday here in Oztraylia and it will certainly be GOOD once I have finished work for the day. After that, we will be packing up the family Truckster and heading out to Hidden Vale for the Kona 24 Hour at mid day on Saturday. 

Yep, 24 hours of riding around in circles, eating and drinking as much as I can suck down while pedalling rocky hillsides until my legs won't function or my arse rebels on me......



And they have to ask WHY....?!!




Cheers and have a great weekend.



1 comment:

  1. Your standard response to why should be "why not".

    Feel the burn ........ and have fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Spam filtering is in place and your comment will be posted shortly.