Monday, May 7, 2012

Rolling Again

The last few weeks have been a bit of a blur around here.

I just did a stint of six days straight away at work and let me tell you, nothing gets done in your personal life with that much time spent in an aeroplane or hotel. The company totally owns my backside while I am away. But, how else would I have the opportunity to check out this 70's era Toyota Crown wagon in Hobart? Love the wood panelling.....



So, after patting the kids on the head and getting some chores squared away I jumped on the trusty Trek and went for a roll around the Cornubia and Daisy Hill trails.

It was nice to see the new (temporary) trail head totems on Wallum Froglet and to see how well the trail held up to so much rain last week. It was dry to ride on Sunday.


Another highlight of hitting the trails mid morning was that I had them to myself. Not a soul to be seen and hero dirt everywhere!

It was great to be back on the bike and I could feel the stress levels decreasing with every pedal stroke. A week and a half is too long between rides!





2 comments:

  1. Bummer you had to work six days straight, but we must pay for our toys somehow. Damn jobs do get in the way of recreating though don't they.

    Glad you got out for a ride to help you decompress from the job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the necessary evil. At least I can get out there, eventually.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Spam filtering is in place and your comment will be posted shortly.