Friday, June 6, 2014

New Pony In The Stable


Despite my wife's insistance that I have too many bikes (clearly incorrect), I have not actually added to my stable for almost 5 years now. Yep, I have been riding the same bikes all that time. 

Occasionally (very occasionally) throwing some maintenance love their way, they have all served me well. Obviously, my clear favourite just from the number of metric miles I put on it, is my Giant XTC29er. She is the first generation 29" mountain bike from Giant, bought waaaay back in 2010. I have taken her on many rides both local and to far flung destinations. 

More recently I have raced her in the first two Yakima Sunshine Series rounds, here in South East QLD. Yep, rocking her complete with bar ends, touring bike style,  and all.


She has done about 6 000km(3750mi) now and they have all been hard kilometres, so it is time to think about a replacement.

Shhh. Don't let on or she might buck me next time we are out....






but her racing days are over..........






Cheers.




1 comment:

  1. Ooooh new bike. Can't wait to see the new one out in the wild.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Spam filtering is in place and your comment will be posted shortly.