Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Lord Flashheart's Final Flight



I don't like to put up sad news here on A.V.F.A., but today there was some sad news out of the UK that deserves pause and a dip of the lid. 

Rik Mayall, aka, Rik, aka, Richard Richard, aka, The Lord Flashheart, passed away today at the all-too-young age of 56.

Quite simply, he made me laugh in the mid 80s with The Young Ones, then again in the early nineties with Bottom and his appearances on Blackadder.





"There were times when Rik and I were writing together when we almost died laughing. They were some of the most carefree stupid days I ever had, and I feel privileged to have shared them with him. And now he's died for real. Without me. Selfish bastard."
—Ade Edmondson



R.I.P. Rik.



That last trip to heaven will be one way.........












2 comments:

  1. A bit of a bummer alright. Hard case B'stard was he!

    ReplyDelete
  2. RIP Rik. You will be missed. As flyboy said we loved you in Young ones then again in Bottom. I can just see Eddie saying those lines above.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Spam filtering is in place and your comment will be posted shortly.