Sunday, September 11, 2011

In the Beginning

Some times we get wrapped up with the seemingly hectic pace of life here in the 'teens. You can find yourself wondering if "this is it"?
I find it refreshing to remember why I am doing what I am doing and ponder how I got "here". I think back to another century, when things seemed a lot simpler....



1990 and life was good. I had my first flying job that paid actual money. It wasn't much, but it was enough to get by on and to get my first set of two wheels.



I will try to remember these days when I am hauling my backside out of bed at 4-in-the-am tomorrow to do "what I love"........

5 comments:

  1. Seems to me over the years you have gotten a bit lost.

    Photo A is what pays the bills and and is rarely fun anymore.

    Photo B is or should be what your passion is. By doing A allows us to live for B. Not the other way around.

    I've been a bit guilty of this the last year or 2, but earlier this year i said screw it all and i'm going to have some B time and enjoy my riding again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how you look at it though. Mick Doohan did B for a living and A for fun.
    The upshot seems to be whatever you do for "work" becomes "work"no matter how much you love it.
    That Honda sure was pretty, but it tried to kill me a few times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder....

    Wow look you had hair back then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It WAS a pretty bike with a peachy exhaust note.
    How about you take your helmet off then Kojak :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've seen all my pretty bikes, nothin this ugly betty. Kojak, who's talking mate.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Spam filtering is in place and your comment will be posted shortly.