Friday, June 24, 2011

Thoughts from the Tour Divide

How hard must this race be?

From the blog of a rider currently testing herself...........

Conquering the desire to quit requires some mind games. Knowing that I am not even half way through this journey is daunting; thinking about what is ahead is too much for my brain to handle. So, I break it down into smaller pieces. Day by day is too large sometimes. Mostly, I look ahead town to town, meal to meal. When that is too much, I just look ahead to what my eye can see. And, when that is too much, I look three inches in front of my tire and watch the ground blur and listen to myself pant.

Too much work and not enough riding is making me a bit testy, but watching the Tour Divide is certainly helping put things in perspective. Work definitely looks the easier option, if not nearly as picturesque..

I have some leave coming up next month and I am hoping to put some miles under my wheels and also join in on normal family life for a week or two. Who is up for a ride?

5 comments:

  1. Dave. It's time we got on with a couple of those rides you ask me about from time to time. Perhaps we can knock over that Camp Mountain, Scrub Road, Creek Road route soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm up for a ride but you bastards are too slow....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Graham- As soon as I finish my landscaping and paint the house I'm there.

    Chillertek- I have a push bike here with your name on it fat boy ;) Lets see how fast you are...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm...maybe a ride that goes in ever diminishing circles in Cornubia and ends at a ladder and a paintbrush!
    No! Must see Castle Hill and Black Rock, amongst others. Or BFP? Or Brisbane Valley Rail Trail?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Spam filtering is in place and your comment will be posted shortly.