Friday, April 8, 2016

Where Does It Start ?


Earlier in the week Andrew Thomson from Bandit Rider wrote a post about where motorcycling started for him. He added a few early photos (pre colour?) and recounted books that perhaps helped sow the seed. 

One of his commentators reminded me of "The Mouse and The Motorcycle". I recall having this book read to the class by our teacher waaay back in grade 2 or 3 and loving it, what with the active imagination I had back then.

Anyway, in a roundabout way there is a connection here. I happened to be pouring over some old photographs the other day and came across a few of some early motorcycling. Of course, none were of my good self - clearly there were no cameras that far back in time.

I did find this little pearler of a certain Chillertek of "Road to Nowhere" fame whetting his ~13 year old appetite with some backyard-helmetless-frivolity. We.... he didn't need no stinking safety beanie.....

We... he used to valve bounce it up to near Mach 1 along the fence line then tip into that first left hander, all without touching the brakes.
Oh how the front tyre of the mighty Honda 50 used to drift on the wet clover......



It sure was puckering good fun. ;-)


The rest, as they say, is history.




Cheers Little Bro. Nice work.


7 comments:

  1. Holy smokes, you been going through mums photo collection?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Like I said, before they were invented mate. ;)

      Delete
  3. Cool picture you found.

    Now I know why you let him borrow your R1, it was really a bribe so you could post this photo wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You give me too much credit Brandy. I forgot he had my bike!! Yikes!!

      Delete
    2. Don't you worry about your little R1, Geoff and I have something cooking up for it.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Spam filtering is in place and your comment will be posted shortly.